Mittwoch, 17. September 2014

15.9. One Night in Istanbul

Oh, what a night. On MapsMe there was a little tent on Kennedy Boulevard, so we had the idea that there is a campground. But it was just a parking lot. However, they told us, that we could sleep there in the car. So we walked around the neighbourhood getting first impressions of the city until sunset. Then we found a restaurant with free Wifi to have dinner and post the last week's texts on the blog. Came back to the car around 10pm. Meanwhile some other caravans from different countries had arrived. A Turkish family was sitting on the grass behind the car talking loudly. We prepared for the night, put the curtains up, while the kids were curiously watching us. After about an hour they left. Bernd fell asleep very quickly. I couldn't, because people were talking outside and some dogs were barking. Around 3am I heard several men laughing and joking in Turkish right next to my ear. I tried to understand some words because I assumed something evil. Sometimes the car moved a bit. I was afraid they took off the spare tyre or removed the tyres, but probably one of them just leaned on it. Should I ask them to speak more quietly? Or to move away? Or wake Bernd, who was continouesly sleeping? Of course I didn't. And ages later they went away.
The next thing was a car with loud music entering the lot. It was still dark outside. I wanna go home!
(No, not really)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen